The Time Has Come


perhaps
the time has come
for ruthless honesty

before things get too carried away...

 It's only fair
To let you know
The truth
As best as I 

possess it.

I will never be
What I was 

alluded

 to be.

will never be
dependably
what you suppose
I'm
s'posed to be.

I will disappoint with avarice,
exasperate with magniloquence
frustrate, even frighten sometimes
with the malignance of the murder in me,
with the stark breadth of my apathy,
And the consciousness of my gluttony.

 blinded by fatalistic pessimism,
shameless in my self-promotion,
Falling down,
Falling prey
Slipping further
In
to 

lethargy
In
to 

vanity,
In
to 

misdirected yearning...

There are two ways to leave this chamber
Free or not free.

The choice has always been yours.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The price of being awake.